Our School Teacher Ancestor
After imitating his ancestor a few months back (see our Like Father, Like Son post), and because it’s Back-to-School time, Owen would like to share a few details about his school teacher ancestor, Andrew Frederick Losee:
“Hi. My name is Owen. I’m 9 years old. Let me tell you about my ancestor, Andrew. I learned about him by reading some of his stories:
- He went to Lehi High School (sometimes we drive by that school!)
- He liked physical science, math, history, psychology and was really good at school (I like school, too.)
- He was the valedictorian of his graduating class (that means he was really smart.)
- He went to the University of Utah.
- He also went to the University 0f Chicago .
- He became a teacher.
- He taught at lots of schools in Utah and Idaho. He loved teaching.
- After his wife became sick and died, leaving him with two small children, Andrew gave up teaching to move home to the farm and have the help of his family.
I think it’s sad that he had to give up teaching to go back to the farm. But it’s cool that he helped his boys. I think Andrew was awesome.”